Professor Challenger is a series of science fiction stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- 1912- The Lost World, which describes an expedition to a plateau in South America where prehistoric creatures including dinosaurs still survive.
- 1913 - The Poison Belt, in which the earth passes through a cloud of poisonous ether.
- 1926 - The Land of Mist, a story of the supernatural, reflecting the strong belief in Spiritualism Conan Doyle developed later in life.
- 1928 - When the World Screamed, on Professor Challenger's World Echidna theory.
- 1929 - The Disintegration Machine, concerning the potentially-dangerous new invention by a scientist named Theodore Nemor.